Weight Loss Training & Fitness
Dieting has led to many unhealthy misconceptions about weight loss. There are no magical foods or food combinations to melt away body fat!
To lose weight, you need to make small, achievable changes to your lifestyle. You need to change the way you eat and increase your physical activity to incorporate some form of physical movement/exercise into each daily routine. That is why Core Impact Health & Fitness can help you achieve.
The best way to lose weight and maintain that weight loss is to do it slowly.
Searching for the best way to achieve weight loss? The answer is a combination of diet and exercise. Following a sensible eating plan and sticking to it matters most. Combining this with exercise has a consistent benefit on body fat reduction, and cellular regeneration and growth. But just remember know matter how much you train, “you can’t out train a bad diet” that’s why a good diet is most important.
Making concerted changes to the amounts and types of foods you eat can reap large benefits towards achieve weight loss.
The Key to Weight Loss Training and Fitness
Suggestions for safe and effective weight loss:
- Don’t crash diet. You will probably regain the lost weight within 5 years
- Aim for slow weight loss- no more than 0.5-1.0kg per week or 10 kgs over 6 months
- Make your daily food intake balanced
- Increase intake of fresh fruit and vegetables
- Choose wholesome (organic if possible), less processed foods
- Drink at least 1.5 litres of water per day
- Cut down on saturated fats
- Cut down on refined sugars, sweets and junk food
- Decrease portion sizes
- Seek support of a personal trainer for guidance, encouragement and motivation.
- Exercise for at least 30 mins a few times a week. Try to walk for 30 mins daily. Include in a week a mix of physical activity,1 hour for each of the following: Weight (resistance) training, Cardio, sport and play or team activity and Flexibility/Stretching, to get a perfect balance of overall bodily health and wellbeing.
Small realistic lifestyle changes will be the best recipe for achieving and maintaining a healthy weight.
Losing weight is difficult and requires a sustained effort over a long period, which is why support from like-minded groups, family, your workplace, a personal trainer can help to make it easier for people to make and stick to healthy choices over the long term.
Types of exercise to fit into a week should include 1 hour for each of the following:
- Weight (resistance) training
- Sport & Play or team activity
Weight (resistance) Training :
Weight training should be a part of everyone’s fitness program. Weight training is ideal for weight loss, perfect for gaining muscle tone, and for those who want to develop power and strength. Functional training is the most ideal and safest way to weight train. Functional training will help improve your posture and develop your core and stabilizing muscles. This type of weight loss training will improve your balance and stability, which we all tend to lose due to lifestyle choices such as work and inactivity. Full body functional weight training can be used to aid in endurance training, hypertrophy and strength and power. With your personal trainer the right program can be tailored for your desired outcome, to get the most out of every exercise performed. Contact us today to discuss what type of program would be best for you.
Cardio training is necessary to build a stronger heart and lungs, whilst gaining aerobic fitness. However cardio should not be done on its own and should be combined with weight training.
Types of cardio:
- Constant, where you maintain a steady pace for a duration of time or distance
- Interval training is structured, having a high intensity work period followed by a very low intensity or rest period. eg 1 minute high: 1 minute low, for 20 minutes total time
- Fartlek is similar to interval, but is random in combining the high intensity and low intensity work periods. eg sprint for 20 seconds, walk for 30 seconds, then jog for 2 minutes. Continue to vary these times for the duration.
Sport and play :
Sport and play could consist of a number of different sports such as football, soccer, netball, basketball, tennis and squash, but can also include walking/running/playing with children and/or pets. Sport offers a unique type of weight loss training in that you definitely need to develop coordination, reaction speeds and agility, which weight training and cardio do not offer. It’s important to develop these areas and you will also benefit from training with others in a team.
Flexibility is the ability for a joint to bend, stretch and twist through a range of motion without injury. Being flexible allows your body to move freely through all range of movements, such as bending, twisting, squatting and lifting. Stretching should be done when muscles are warm and ideally 2-3 times per day for 5-10 minutes.
Also try our rehab training programs. Our accredited rehab personal trainers can assist you with any tightness or imbalances in the body to reduce pain, and increase functional movement. Our weight loss training programs also focus at improving your posture and core strength and stability. Check out rehab training and corrective exercise for more information.
Some Expected Results:
- Weight loss
- Healthier Diet
- Muscle building or toning
- Increased Fitness and Energy
- Increased Core Strength and Functional mobility
- Improved Flexibility and Posture
Click here to meet our trainers and to book your first complimentary session.
Via appointment or for scheduled classes Monday to Sunday
- Monday (Boxing and Strength Training) 6am
- Monday (High Intensity Strength Training) 7pm
- Tuesday (HIIT/Flexibility)6pm
- Wednesday (High Intensity Strength Training) 10am
- Wednesday (Boxing and Strength Training) 7pm
- Thursday (Boxing and Strength Training) 10am
- Friday (High Intensity Strength Training) 6am and 10:30am
- Saturday (High Intensity Strength Training) 7:45am
- Sunday (Free Run/Walk)10am